5.09.2011

San What Now?

Less than one week before graduation and I'm... sitting in an airport? It's 5:30 a.m., and I'm trying to discretely do tests to figure out if I'm still drunk or not from an insane, seniory-night last night (It involved pancakes, singing "Graduate" and champagne toasts). I'm in an unusual outfit of shorts and sandals, ungodly tired but seriously excited. Why am I here? Instead of continuing to live in my senior year bubble, my sister decided to break me out of it and take me on a trip to San Juan, Puerto Rico for graduation.
Okay, it's not as ritzy and expensive as it sounds. We get free flights from her sweet airport job, and we both decided to take advantage and have one last, Merwin-sister hoo-rah and lie on the beach for a day. I'm so pumped. I love my sister, and I miss her. She's going through some rough times, so we're doing this together.
Hopefully, I don't get stranded there. Honestly, I'd love to be trapped in San Juan any other time, believe me. But not before the biggest weekend of my life thus far. It's getting nearer. Senior moments are increasing almost as fast as my current rates of day drinking. Syracuse is getting warm and I'm getting excited. It's nice to have something to break up these last end moments, though I'm going to miss every precious second that I'm not with my best friends. It's fun to know there's life beyond Syracuse, and a whole big world out there to be exploring.

Almost boarding time.... Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment