1.05.2011

I think...

The reason I haven't blogged too much is because I have been too future oriented recently that I haven't just lived in the moment. I used to be very moment oriented, back in the day. I used to not care in repercussions, I used to make bad decisions. I was sort of wild, off the chain. And then, I met a boy. A boy who made me want to think about the future and do well for myself. And maybe even start making those hard life choices. A boy that changed me, and put me in the place that I needed to be in.


A senior. An adult. A real person in the real world.


Excuse me for continuing my "look towards the future" blog posts, I know they're probably getting old. But it's all I can think about. It's New Years anyways, give me a break. I finished my application today for a graduate-type program that would round out my "blank slate" year post graduation. And The Boy asked me one of those big life questions- which I said yes to. And no, not marriage.
But it's coming together- this future. In infinitely small baby steps, but obvious ones.

SO! My plan, my resolution, my goal: Enjoy the rest of my senior year. Find a way to get back into the moment and spend time with the people who matter to me. Have more girls nights at Faegan's with Katherine and Janae. Take advantage of the free gym at the University. Go to the gay bar with Royce. Spend a whole day with a Say Yes to the Dress marathon. Lie out in the middle of the quad at 2 a.m. on a school night with Alex. Enjoy California Spring Break. Order Chinese with Kelly. Play friscup Sleep late. Learn the piano. Go on adventures to Ithaca. Make bad choices. Make life changing ones. It's the end, and I'm staring down the barrel of the gun. And I swear to god my only resolution is to just make it count.

1 comment:

  1. Faegans tomorrow night whether I get good news from TFA or not!

    ReplyDelete